Wednesday, June 19, 2013

And The Winner Is...

Me! And my friend, Kristin. You see, I am about to embark on a week-long, cross-country vacation, so I'm feeling pretty good at the moment. But, in exchange, I am going to miss a very special milestone: my first homegrown tomatoes.

Yesterday I noticed that my tomato plant looked like this:


See those green orbs of goodness? Those are baby tomatoes, and they won't take long to ripen because my plant is a Yellow Pear tomato, so the fruits don't get very big. My friend, Kristin, is taking care of my plants while I'm gone, so she'll probably be the one to enjoy the first harvest. I'll post her review of the tomatoes if this is the case.

In less fortunate news, part of my tomato plant looks like this:


The yellowing (or chlorosis) and necrotic spots on the lower leaves lead me to think there's some sort of fungal problem going on, but I can't quite identify which fungus is attacking. When I return, I'll investigate further and probably invest in some fungicide.

To end on a good note, look how big and healthy my thyme is! For a long time, there was basically just one stem.


Next post: not for a week or so. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment