Saturday, June 15, 2013

Garden Experiment One: Progress

Good news--it seems that all my purslane cuttings are doing well! I may never have the answer to my research question of whether rooting cuttings hydroponically or in soil is more effective, but I'll have a new green to put on salads and sandwiches. A free new green, at that.

Here's a very blurry shot of the roots. They're probably an inch and a half long. I was just happy they rooted at all.


Here are all six cuttings, looking even happier now in their new home. I believe that the soil cuttings have also taken root, since their appearances never dwindled. Hopefully all these plants become established and take off soon. Next week I'm taking a vacation, so maybe they'll be dramatically bigger when I return!


What luck have you had with cuttings? What have you taken cuttings of?

Next post: fruit on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment