Friday, July 5, 2013

Vegas By Night

Here are a few more highlights from my trip to Las Vegas. The first video is something I was trying to take a picture of--an asparagus tree. I don't know why this is, but I saw probably a dozen green-trunked trees that were definitely asparagus. I got really close to this one and ascertained this. Asparagus doesn't grow like this where I'm from, but it's cool to see.

 
 
This video is just some shadows of people going by. It's just a snapshot of the hustle and bustle of the Las Vegas Strip. Still looks cool.
 
 
 
And one last note on Vegas: I went out there in the first place to go to the Electric Daisy Carnival, the United States' biggest electronic music festival. They wouldn't let attendees bring cameras into the carnival, but I took a cell phone picture of an art installation I spent a lot of time resting under. These are probably 100 feet tall electric daisies with mosaics of mirrors for stems. They lit up at night, too. Most things lit up at night there. Aren't they beautiful?
 
 
Next post: the status of my plants upon my homecoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment