Monday, May 6, 2013

(Belated) Cinco de Mayo Plantings

Happy (late) Cinco de Mayo! Today representatives of the Horticulture Club planted containers at one of the apartment complexes in town. We planted four large containers near the entrance to the pool area, four elevated containers surrounding the pool, and eight small, border-type concrete cutouts along the pool area's walls.

This is one of the larger containers. I planted almost everything in this one. We had a red banana, some celosia 'New Look,' some orange petunias, a couple of marigolds, and some yellow calibrachoa.


These are two of the containers overlooking the pool. It's really hard to see what we planted from this distance, so...


...I'm posting a tags picture!


And here's another shot of the contents of the larger containers. By the time I thought to take pictures, the pool area was locked, so I couldn't photograph the small cutouts.


The greenhouses where we got all these plants (minus the marigolds, which we had leftover from our sale), was amazing. It was huge, and it had half the plants I've ever wanted. It had purple shamrock, Dusty Miller, ferns, all kinds of succulents, all kinds of herbs (including some awesome variegated sage), wandering jews, and we didn't even explore the vegetable greenhouses. I'm planning on going back there next weekend to meander. I'll take pictures while I'm there. It will be a fun time.

How did you celebrate Cinco de Mayo? Have you seen any impressive plant collections lately?

Next post: maybe cave photos this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment