Thursday, May 16, 2013

Strawberry Hill Farms, Part 3

We left off with a sampling of Strawberry Hill's tomato selection. Today I present the last of the pictures I took there. I saved some of the best stuff for last.

We begin with petunias. As I've said, I would not buy petunias for myself, but they are sweet flowers. Strawberry Hill had a much larger color selection than shown here, but I thought all these colors were appropriate together.

 
These, however, were my favorite petunias of the day. I've never seen a flower bred to have green parts. The effect is attractive, though.
 

Next is the biggest reason Strawberry Hill is my favorite place in town: gooseberries. Gooseberries are high on my list of plants to grow at some point in my life. When I first saw this container, I thought it couldn't be what it looked like.


But then I approached the tag. I couldn't get a clear shot of it, but you can tell it says GOOSEBERRY 'Pixwell.' I grew up eating gooseberries similar to these. I'd love to have some.


I don't know what this hanging basket contains. I just liked the shape.


And lastly, here's Scott posing next to more benches of petunias. If he had posed next to some celosia, he would have matched!


 That's all the greatness I encountered at my last trip to Strawberry Hill. Fear not, though--I will go back there, and I will dawdle so I can take pictures of other awesome plants they purvey.

Next post: the last windowsill update.

No comments:

Post a Comment