Friday, May 17, 2013

The Last Windowsill Shots of the School Year

I'm now at home, and all my plants are here. But "all my plants" includes a lot more than it did last time I posted on the subject. I'm here today to get you all caught up on the updates.

First, here's my purple shamrock in its very temporary home on my dresser.


This is a rosemary plant I was given on my last day of work. I recently found a couple of recipes that call for rosemary, so hopefully this can fill those needs and keep growing. My mom and I grew rosemary at home once several years ago, but it didn't do well. We'll see if I can do a better job this time.


These are four wandering jew cuttings, also from work. They seem to grow significantly every day.


I also got a peppermint plant from work. I look forward to making tea from this (or maybe just making tea from the unwanted peppermint that will inevitably pop up in other containers than this one).


So here's the last windowsill shot of my stay in the dormitory. The lineup of plants has changed substantially, and I'm fine with that. I'm also glad to be out of the dorm because now I can satisfy the light requirements of the plants that need to be outside. (More on that in a future post.)


This shot encompasses all of my new and new-ish plants, as well as some carnations that belong to my roommate.


All my plants made it home safely, though they endured a fair amount of heat stress waiting in my car while I checked out of my room. Also, when I moved out, my dad came to help me pack up, and he brought me some potted parsley seeds! I love having fresh herbs.

Next post: my plants at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment