Saturday, May 11, 2013

Windowsill Updates

I'm taking a brief study break to relay some news through a photograph:


As you may notice, the tomato plant I've been babysitting is gone. I hear it is in a big pot now, happily swaying in the breeze and soaking up the sun. Lucky guy!

Here in windowsill land, though, a couple of other things have changed. My remaining spinach seedling is quite large now, though spindly as ever. Since the cool season is definitely over (it's supposed to be 80 degrees in a couple of days), this plant won't do very well outdoors, so it's time to harvest what there is to harvest. I've enjoyed having the spinach, and I've learned a bit in the process, so I'm satisfied with the experience even though the two seedlings never really grew big and strong.

Also, as you can see, my jade and spider plants are doing quite well. Unlike all my other plants, these are generally accepted to be indoor plants, and you can tell. If the spider plant keeps growing at this rate, I may need to repot it relatively soon. I also doubt it would take much prodding for it to put out a baby spider plant within the next year or so.

Well, it's time to get back to the grind. My next post will feature high-quality photographs for the first time in a long time, and I've been saving a few post-worthy locales for just an occasion. Thanks for bearing with my through this tribulation.

Next post: Summery container arrangements.

No comments:

Post a Comment