Thursday, May 2, 2013

More May Madness

Today I bring you a continuation of the marvels of May, the majestic mists of flowers moseying into maturity.

The first flowers here belong to the European horsechestnut, in this case Aesculus hippocastanum 'Baumannii'. These flowers are primarily green, so they're inconspicuous, but I found their structures visually appealing. Sorry for blurriness.


These horsechestnut flowers look like conifers in and of themselves.



I love flowers that are whitish and pinkish all at once, so this tree really drew me in.


This is a close-up of the blooms from the above tree. These flowers aren't saturated with color: they have just enough.


This tree should be familiar--it's Cornus florida, or flowering dogwood. This tree is Missouri's state tree.



I really enjoy this bed of bulbs. I didn't know tulips could get so dark or so light.


Whatever this cultivar's name is, I'm sure it's foreboding.


What landscaping efforts have you been enjoying lately? Have you noticed any new flowers cropping up?

Next post: Crop update.

No comments:

Post a Comment