Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Crop Updates

Note: I am having difficulties locating my camera's memory card, so bear with the phone pictures.

Today I bring you some loooong-awaited news: some of my Swiss chard is actually forming true leaves!


I didn't think this would happen. These leaves very well may not reach an edible size, but these plants have gotten enough energy to start, at least. And yes, two out of five is kind of shabby. I'm happy regardless.


Also of note: my thyme is getting a lot of leaves! I am fairly confident that these seedlings will hold out until I move and then take off once they're hardened off and outside.


On the not-so-good side, I'm going to give up on my wheat. It was just biding its time anyway, and the soil has stopped accepting water because I can only water in certain spots to avoid getting my windowsill messy. That's alright. It looked nice for a while, and that's more than I was told it would do.


Have you ever gotten really excited over a small, plant-related victory? Have you ever had a happy goodbye with a plant?

Next post: probably a report from the redbud district.

No comments:

Post a Comment