Saturday, April 20, 2013

Horticulture Club Spring Plant Sale 2013!

The Horticulture Club has three sales each school year. The Spring Plant Sale is the last, and it started yesterday and ends today. I'm posting to report on the action.

Unfortunately, when I arrived on the scene to work the sale at 5 PM, there were already a lot of varieties sold out. Specifically, we started out with five varieties of tomatoes, but there were only two when I got there. We had a good selection, though. Here are a few shots of our general setup.



The marigolds are not selling as much as expected. They're also on the floor.

These are some of the specific crops we have. You'll notice we were running low on a lot of them.



We're mostly selling heirloom varieties. A lot of people have been really into that aspect of the sale, though some try to avoid heirloom tomatoes because of their lack of disease resistance.




Everything at our sale is a dollar. It's pretty awesome that we're able to do that. It probably encourages a lot of people to try growing things they wouldn't ordinarily try.


The Cuties were for workers, not for sale, sadly.


I wish my Swiss chard looked like this. I still maintain that it will take off if I can keep it alive long enough to get outside. And I can do another crop in the fall when I have a balcony.




You might be wondering, did I buy anything? Of course I did! So...

Next post: what I harvested from this sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment