Sunday, April 28, 2013

Small Mourning in the Morning

Note: My camera refuses to turn on for some reason, so until I find a solution, I will be using my phone's camera. You have my sincerest apologies.

In an ironic turn of events, as I was rolling up my blinds to let light reach my plants today, one of my spinach plants got caught in the blinds and completely uprooted.


So I had roughly a mouthful of baby spinach with breakfast this morning. I'm sad to see the thing go, but you can see the root system: it's visibly lacking in substance. This plant would not have grown into a normal spinach plant. My other one probably won't either. At the end of the day, though, it will give me a little nutrition, and I wholeheartedly appreciate that. I'm grateful that my runty spinach seedlings have made it this far.

Next post: weekend outing adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment