Monday, March 4, 2013

Lilliputian Bounty Founding Rites

Hello, there. My name is Abby, and today I begin my journey to better photography skills, better Photoshop skills, and above all, better gardening skills.

You see, I am studying horticulture, and that's because I love growing and eating plants. With spring approaching, I'm feeling the itch to sow seeds so I can reap a harvest later. Problem is, I live in a 13x9' room with a northern exposure. In addition, I love taking and editing photographs, but I don't often bring my camera with me when I go places. I figure a blog is the perfect intersection of solutions to both of those problems.

So here is Lilliputian Bounty, my documentation of my horticultural efforts. I will post my trials and tribulations, my successes and my bounties when it comes to growing food (and a few other plants) in small spaces.

While I'm at it, I will post ideas for dream gardens (for when I have a garden). I will also post pictures of the interesting plants I find on the beautiful botanic-garden campus I inhabit. When I visit other gardens (or nurseries, farms, and etc), I'll try to photograph them as well.

Enjoy! Stay a while, if you like. Feel free to say hello, share your experiences with growing food indoors, or rave about the gardens you've visited. I'm all ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment