Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Snow During Spring Break, Part I

It's snowing. Again. I was just getting started enjoying our daffodils and hyacinths, I was just about to start surveying the neighborhood for other springtime beauties, and then this happens. So here is my survey of the damage so far. These pictures were taken Sunday night, after it had started snowing but before any snow accumulated.

At this point the hyacinths have held up well. Now they're probably looking sad. I'll investigate that within the next couple of days.


Here's a better shot of the white ones. The color on these reminds me of buttercream frosting.


I don't know how well buds usually last in cold conditions, but these look like they're doing okay.


Finally, the daffodils. They look extremely sad. As I learned today, only a few plants around town have bloomed, and those few are regretting it right about now. The rest of them should be okay and bloom later on.


So that's the preliminary damage done in my yard. Today I went on a walk around town, though, so...

Next post: springtime snow in my hometown.

No comments:

Post a Comment